Thank you for visiting Financial Claims Researcher!


How does the "submit your own claim" work?

The program was set up to help people who are apprehensive about sending their pertinent information to a third party. In this case, you submit your information directly to the government agency, that is holding the refund, yourself. Financial Claims Researcher never sees your pertinent information like; social security number.

How does it work?

  1.  Return the authorization voucher
  2.   If you qualify, we'll dispatch a notary to home, work, or place of business. You can also meet a local notary, at their office, near your home.
  3.  The notary will show you how to fill out the claim form(s), correctly.
  4.  As you sign each form and the notary notarizes certain forms, you place each completed form into the enclosed large bronze envelope, yourself.
  5.  The large bronze envelope will already be pre-addressed with the address of the government agency, and postage paid with a tracking number.
  6.  Once the notary complete all of the form, you mail the claims forms to the government agency, yourself.
  7.  Once your claim forms are received at the government agency, we will finish the processing of your claim, by contacting our resources within the government agency, never seeing your pertinent information
  8.  If you're the actual owner or an heir, and you provide all of the requested information, you'll receive your check

The only information that you will need to provide to the notary is your identification. The identification is to prove that you are the person, you claim to be. Financial Claims Researcher will receive a processing fee of 10%, after you receive your check.


What is an Refund Recovery Specialist?

A Refund Recovery Specialist (Financial Claims Researcher) is authorized by certain government agencies to find people; that are owed a refund by the government. If you received one of our letters, there is a 90% probability that you’re the original claimant(s), or an heir(s) to the original claimant(s), who is owed money. Understand, one cannot operate as an Refund Recovery Specialist unless you are authorized by the participating government agencies.

How did the government get my money?

A check was issued to the "original owner" by the "original holder" of the money; as a refund, a settlement, a payout, or as a credit. After the "original holder" repeatedly "attempted", unsuccessfully, to contact the "original owner" at their "last known address"; the refund check was turned over to the government.


Why are you allowing us to mail our own claim?

With the alarming rate of identity theft, we want our customers to be in complete control of submitting their claim, and protecting their pertinent information. In the 15 years of doing this business, we have never had an issue with identify fraud, but we understand that it is a major concern in our society, and with our potential new customers. Now, you can submit your own claim, and be in complete control of your submission. We will never see your pertinent information. Only the government agency will have access to your  pertinent information. We will only receive basic information. Once a document is signed, initialed, or notarized, you put them in the mailing envelope yourself, seal the envelope, and mail it off, or have the notary mail it off. A pre-addressed envelope will be given to you, by the notary, with the name and address of the government agency on it. A tracking number will be provided to you.


Why didn’t the government agency contact me themselves?

Certain government agencies do not have the manpower to directly service the billions of people that are owed money, so they authorize; Heir-Finder Investigators to find people. Additionally, they may be gaining interest on your money, or covering their budget with your money, which benefits the agency, but not you.


Why do I need a notary?

If your claim is $1000.00 or over, a notary signature is required. The certified and bonded notary is also responsible for helping you fill out the claim forms, so that the claim can be processed in an expeditious manner. If eligible, we will send a notary, for free, otherwise, the paperwork will be mailed directly to you. The notary is an independent agent of Financial Claims Researcher. On occasions, we may send a notary, if the total claim(s) are under $1000.00.

Why do I have to pay a percentage?

The percentage is mandated by the government agencies. It covers the cost in locating the original owner(s) or heir(s), the cost of a notary, and the cost of helping you process your claim. When you think about it, isn't it worth the percentage to be reconciled with your money in an expeditious manner?


Why is it that only 90% of claims submitted, are paid? Why not 100%?

In most cases, the people who are not paid on their claims, are people who did not submit all of the required documents. In some cases, they cannot find certain documents. The government will not pay out your claim, unless you have the proper documents. That is why it is important to allow a notary to show you how the fill out forms.  


How can I verify if your company is real?

Financial Claims Researcher, is registered with the Better Business Bureau and Business Consumer Alliance, which are consumer reporting agencies. Please click the icon, below, for former customer's testimonies, and company reviews;. We have no complaints, a AAA rating, and we’ve been in business for over 14 years. We also offer video testimonies on this website, on the "Testimonial" tab.

                                                                                   Better Business Bureau            
Do I have to pay taxes on this money?

Please consult your with your tax profession.

Will I receive any interest?

The government no longer pays interest to the original owner(s) or heirs of the money, but they are collecting interest. As long as your money remains unclaimed, they can hold your money, collect interest, and never pay you interest. Submit for your money and collect your own interest, buy a car, go on a vacation, pay a college tuition, or donate it.

Is the check made out to your company, or to me?

All payouts will be made out to the "claimant", who can be the original owner(s), the heir(s), beneficiary, conservator, guardian, custodian, or trustee. The original owner's spouse and children are consider the most important claimants, and will have first rights, if the original owner(s) are deceased. A separate check will be made out to; Financial Claims Researcher, for the agreed upon percentage. We don't get paid until; you do. The check will be mailed directly to your address on file.


This claim has more than one name on it. I don't know the other person or people, or I'm not associated with that person anymore, what can I do?

If you don't know the other person or persons, then more than likely, it was a personal or business transaction that involved you and other people. In most cases, it applies to a real estate transaction, escrow issues, car accidents, insurance claim, or some type of transaction that involved the payout or transfer of funds or property. You do not need to find the other person to claim the money. Depending on the claim, the government agency will divide the money based on the allotted percentages. For example; you are not married to your ex-wife anymore, but your claim is based on an insurance policy that you both purchased 10 years ago. You are unable to contact your ex-wife. You can submit the claim on your own, and collect your percentage of the claim. If there are only two people on the claim, you will receive 50% of the claim. If there are four people on the claim, you will only receive 25% of the claim, and so on. The outcome of these types of claims will vary. In some cases, there will be two names on a claim, because the beneficiary was a minor at the time, and the custodian was managing the minor's account. If the minor is legally an adult, the minor is entitled to 100% of the money, regardless if there are two names on the claim. If all of the original owners are in the same household, then you all can sign the same form. If one original owner or heir is in one state and other is in another state; Financial Claims Researcher can send separate forms to each person.

Can I release my money to a relative?

Yes, you can fill out a; "Property Relinquish Form", and transfer all funds to a designated person. Any person that you transfer your money to; will need to submit their personal information, along with yours. This is also good if you're on a fixed income, and you don't want Social Security or Uncle Sam to find out that you received extra money this year.

How does the process work?

Mail, fax, or email the Authorization Voucher “Authorization Voucher”. Once we receive your “Authorization Voucher”, or your authorization, by mail, fax or email, we’ll send a notary, along with your claims form, to your home, place of work, or business (if eligible). The notary will notarize the claim form (that requires a notary signature) and show you how to fill out any additional paperwork. The notary is an independent agent of Financial Claims Researcher. Any claims that are $1000.00 or more, require a notary signature. We’ll send the notary to you, for free, if eligible. Fill out, sign, and complete the necessary forms and provide all of the essential documents and that is it! Please note; The information that we request is the information that is needed to receive your money. We will not ask for more than what is needed, so please don't think that; by not sending some pertinent information, that was requested, you will still receive your check. Trust me, you won't.

Once your information is verified through the government agency, you’ll be approved for your funds. (The entire process, with the notary, will take less than 20 minutes). Any checks made payable will be made out to the claimant, with the exception of the 10%, finder's fee, made out to Financial Claims Researcher. Visit the "contact us" page for fax number, email, and mailing address.

Why did you change the name of your company?

Originally, our company was started under the name of Unclaimed Solutions. After revisiting our marketing strategy, it was decided to change the name of the company to; Financial Claims Researcher, which better explains the service we provide.


Original Owner(s) - The name of the person or people who originally owned the money.

Claimant - Any authorized person(s) who is claiming the money. This can be the original owner, spouse, heir, beneficiary, executor, and/or relatives.

Heir - Anyone who is directly related to the original claimant, or who is legally or through bloodline, authorized as an heir. Original owner’s spouse and children have the highest priority.

Original Holder – The name of the company who initially had the money, and escheated it to the government.

Stated Address – The address where the original owner(s) once lived or did business. #7 on your claim form